Monday, March 19, 2007

We need a miracle

KATLYN'S NEUTROPHILS WERE 1700 TODAY!!!!!

KATLYN'S NEUTROPHILS WERE 1700 TODAY!!!!! I am so excited. I really had a good feeling about today's blood work. I am feeling so optimistic that she will be going to Maryland or Italy for Gene Therapy. I just don't want her to go to Montreal for a bone marrow transplant because the outcome isn't as good as it should be for her. I just don't want to lose her. Mommy loves you so much Katlyn and I hope you get better soon. I'm always praying for you. We need a miracle

It really is quite remarkable the amount of support that we're receiving. Just from Katlyn's blog alone. I haven't even had it going that Long and have already has a lot of views. Thanks so much to everybody. Today John's mother recieved a check in the mail from the Aleisha Lucci Trust Fund. Aleisha was my best friend in the whole world. I miss her every single day of life. Her was life was taken tragically in a car accident one horrible night. In the town of Dorchester, N.B., there has been tremendous support for Aliesha's family with the start up of a trust in her name to help families and sick children in the hospital. I am so thankful that they thought of us. I know Aleisha would have probably done anything in her power to help us. I know she would have. God I miss her. It really did come as quite a big surprise to me.

We do need a lot of help. We have already been here for 7 months and between gas and food especially, the expenses are extremely high. Not having a proper kitchen to cook and stuff like at home has been hard. Basically living out of a microwave from day-to-day. It really is way too expensive to eat out all of the time. Plus, the rising cost of gas makes it really hard for John to go home. His daughter Haley is at home so he really needs to see her too. As it is, he already doesn't see her enough. Hopefully the fundraising will continue to be as great as it has already been. Thank you Centreville (and surrounding areas) and Moncton. If we go to Italy or Maryland I know it will be very expensive. Really, money should be the last thing we think about in the whole scheme of things. We just need to get Katlyn better. No matter what. It may cost us a lot of money to do it, but no amount of money in the world is worth Katlyn. I wouldn't trade her for anything. I have no idea if I'm making any sense at all. The gist of it is, we appreciate all the help we have got so far. It has made the past 7 months a little easier financially, and we still have a long road ahead of us. We really need all the help we can get, and thanks so much to everyone who has been there for us.

Oh god I can't wait to go home. Just please send us home with Katlyn. Healthy and Happy!!!