Sunday, March 18, 2007

7 Months

Well we only have three weeks to go before we know more about where we have to take Katlyn. She will have some blood work done tomorrow and I can almost say that I know her neutrophils will be great. I am so happy that finally it seems as though she's moving in the right direction now. Finally, hopefully, we'll know something. I'm not really sure how they will determine where she goes based on her numbers. I don't know if they're going to take an average or if they will just look and see if she over 1500 for the majority of the time (1500 means Maryland), or if she's below 1500 that means Italy. I have no idea. I have no choice but to wait three weeks to find out. For most three weeks would seem like forever, but for us it really isn't that long at all. We have been here for 7 months now. Wow!!! 7 months.

Our friends will be leaving with their son on Tuesday. I am going to miss them so much. I'm actually going to write a little something for them today.

To Jenn, Mark and Cole.
I wish you and your family all the best of luck. It's so strange. You never wish that any other child would be sick or have almost the same thing as your child, but we have been so lucky to have you. It has been so nice to have someone to talk to who is going through the same thing. Talking to others isn't the same because most people don't understand. I've always felt like you guys have always got it. Even before Cole was diagnosed. You lost your daughter and taught me that whatever happens is out of our hands. Your living proof that a person can move on and still breathe after something as devastating as that happens. I'm so sorry that you lost your daughter. I'm even getting teared up as I write this. I have no idea what you go through every day of life, I can only imagine. When your child is sick, you have no choice but try and prepare yourself for the worse. And every time I think about it, it makes me cry. I don't know what I would do if we lost Katlyn. I would be so lost.

And you guys are two of the strongest people I have ever met. You deal with that whole in your heart every day and you still manage to force a smile on your faces. And now your son Cole is sick. I know how hard it is to have a child in the hospital fighting for their life and not being able to do anything about it. You wish more than anything that you could trade places with them, you would in a heartbeat. But it's out of your hands. You have to do your job as a parent and give them the best chance at a healthy life you possibly can. It's so hard though. I think that you guys are great parents.

I am going to miss you everyday until we see each other again. I'm going to miss going shopping with you Jenn and going on huge adventures. It's so funny that every time the two of us got together something would happen, something to make us laugh our butts off. I'm going to miss the four of us going on our late night adventures and having a nice laugh....hahaha!!!! The drive to Citadel. Oh my!!!! I'm going to miss just talking the most. Being able to get away, even only for a few minutes, and having someone to confide in.

Your son is going to do great. He is going to get through his bone marrow transplant with flying colours and soon we'll all be able to look back on this. We'll always know how lucky we are to have our children. We'll never take things like an outdoor walk for granted or even being able touch our kids. Oh to give them a kiss!!! We defiantly have a lot to look forward to.

I am so glad I have met you guys. I'm so glad that we can have each other to lean on and grow with.

I'm going to miss you guys so much!!!!!

Good Luck, and God bless. We'll be praying everyday!!

Daisy, John and Katlyn