Thursday, November 20, 2014

Day +102

Day +102 Katlyn did remain stable through the weekend but it has become apparent to us and the doctors that something is wrong and she needs to be looked at by the team at the iwk. For starters there is something going on either with her kidneys or bladder and we need to get to the bottom of that. She does seem quite a bit better in regards to that. She no longer has abdominal pain but there is still blood present. Secondly we have been working very hard to maintain Katlyns weight and I honestly feel as though she does eat well. There may be something else going on. Some of the bloodwork suggested she may have a vitamin k deficiency which would mean she is not absorbing fat. I know they will get to the bottom of it. She has dropped down to 19.5 kg and there is just nothing left for her to lose. This terrifies us. Johnathan and I havent hardly been sleeping and its so hard to mask the worry with a smile for Katlyn. I have no idea how long she will be in the hospital but I feel relief knowing they are going to look after her. She is wasting away on us. I know that she should start feeling better but she has little interest in doing anything because of all the nausea. I doubt we will know much today but hopefully we will know a little tomorrow.