Monday, April 2, 2007

So Busy, and Overwhelmed

I have been so busy the last few days I think if I stopped I would fall over so quick I wouldn't know what hit me. All of our stuff is packed and already home. It's so nice that all of the packing is out of the way. We just have to pack our stuff to go to Maryland. I skimmed Katlyn's clothes down to one drawer. It was really hard because a lot of the clothes still fit her, but I had no choice. We can't be lugging 800lbs of clothes there, and we'll only be gone for about three months. Can you imagine if we both weren't able to go on the plane because we packed too many clothes. LOL.

So what I know so far is that Katlyn has been accepted and we will be leaving really son. She will either have the gene therapy on the 20th or the 27th, which means Katlyn has to be there in plenty of time for that. Dr. Issekutz thinks we'll be leaving sometime next week. She has a bone marrow biopsy in the O.R. on Wednesday. It's just routine. They don't expect to find anything to be alarmed about. It's just protocol and it has been awhile since the last bone marrow biopsy was done. She will be sedated for the procedure and therefore have to get an IV put in. They figure at the same time she has the IV in they'll also fill her up on some IVIG. It's nice that they'll do do both the same day. I'd say it will be a pretty hectic day for all of us. She can't eat starting at 12 a.m., and the procedure is scheduled for 1 p.m. I'm really not looking forward to that part. I was thinking we might be better of trying to keep Katlyn up nice and late and then feeding her and putting her to bed so that she sleeps through some of the hunger anyway.

We are so excited!!!! It's really happening this time. Words cannot describe how happy I am. She was on Television today. Global called me this morning at 10 a.m. and wanted to do an interview with us at 11 a.m. I hadn't even fed Katlyn yet and I still had to shower. I was frantically running around trying to get everything done within the short time I had. The interview was amazing and they did a really great job. I hope the media exposure helps out a bit. As soon as I can figure out how to do it, I'm going to post it on here. Also, she'll be in the Times and Transcript, the Moncton paper, on Wednesday. Katlyn is so cute.