Wednesday, April 11, 2007





Oh wow. I'm so excited right now. In just a few days we'll be going to Maryland. I can't wait. I am a bit nervous, but the excitement over powers that. Finally, Katlyn will have the chance at life the she deserves so badly. It's really difficult to bring a little person into this world and for them to have to fight so hard to stay here. She doesn't even know really what she's fighting for, or even that she's fighting at all for that matter. I know Ive mentioned this over and over again, but I'm going to say it again. Katlyn is the strongest person I know. If only I could have one ounce of her courage, I would be a better person. The small thing sin life don't bother her. Well, to me they wouldn't be small, but for Katlyn they're just small little annoying occurrences....and when they're over that girl is back full force playing harder than before. She give me my strength. Every time I look into those beautiful eyes, I get the most amazing feeling inside of me. We do all of this for her. Every time I see her little her little face smiling back at me< class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_3">Katlyn hasn't. And for that I can't even express how grateful I am. I'd sooner be robber bare to nothing, even my own life than for her to lose hers.
That's not going to happen though. In exactly 15 days Katlyn will get her lifeline. The procedure will take place on that day, and I'm just so excited for her.
Today I went down to the IWK radiothon and told Katlyn's story. It was very nice of them to allow me to speak up for the IWK. If there is any way possible that I could get even one person to help this hospital, this amazing hospital, I'd do it. Especially if it's just by opening up people eyes to how amazing this place really is. When all this is done, and we're not in such financial hardship, we would too like to give back to this place. However, right now is defiantly not the right time. We've got a whole trip to fund. When things are over though, and our lives are somewhat back to normal I'm going to try my best to help.