Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Day +155

Day +155 Not to much has changed since my last update. We have tried a few things but still have no real answers. Every time we feel like we are going forward, it all comes to a crashing halt. It is very important to get Katlyns ng feed up to 70 ml/hr to go home, but at this point she cannot tolerate it. We are all so frustrated and exhausted. We want Katlyn better so we can go home. She is gaining weight nicely and is no longer vomiting, but only because of the lack of food and tpn and lipids, which cannot be done at home. We are all trying to stay strong but its getting hard. Katlyns spirits are great, so that helps, but this is a long bumpy road. We are waiting on Katlyns latest norovirus test. If she is still positive we are going to try treating her with something (not sure of name yet). She has been taking flagyl, which treats bacterial gut infections, and she has responded well. Just not well enough for freedom yet. There is a possibility we may go up on that as well. We will see what happens. Hopefully we can work out a good plan soon before all three of us go crazy lol.