Monday, May 7, 2007

Thank You and Bucket Head




Things are going very good today. I didn't really have any new news at all so that's why I haven't written anything. Now for the news. I got my stent taken out today and now I feel much better. I had no idea how big that thing was. It was like the size of a sharpie marker in diameter. No wonder I felt so uncomfortable. The procedure was pretty simple. I was in the office all together for maybe an hour, from start to finish. They didn't need to put me to sleep, so that was a bonus. The actual removal wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but now that it's out I feel so free. I really do feel so much better. When I got back to the hospital I also passed a lot of stone. The doctor told me the stone was like the size of his pinky finger, a large pinky finger I might add, so like my index fingernail. This got me a little worried because I thought I was doing good, but I became very uncertain if I had passed that much stone. He said it wasn't anything to worry about because if they broke the stone up some of it could have been like dust particles. However, after today I am now sure there is no stone left in me. I will know for certain on Friday at my doctor's appointment because the x-ray won't lie. So all is good with me, except for being really tired.

As for Katlyn, things are really great. Today she started to say thank you. I love it. She's always handing us things and saying "Thank you, Thank you." I was also quite impressed when a volunteer from the Children's Inn came to visit and bring Katlyn a bouncy ball. As soon as she saw it "Thank you, Thank you." What a little cutey. She also has this new thing where she puts here bucket on her head and runs around laughing and banging into things. It really is something.

She is now done her antibiotic and tomorrow will be her last injection of PEG ADA. Thank goodness. One less thing to worry about. The gene therapy is still for the 18th as planned. We have a meeting tomorrow at 12 p.m. where the doctors will go over the procedure in very thorough detail for us. I am so excited because I just want to get started so that we can get Katlyn better and home where she needs to be. So we have to try and get Katlyn's nap for that time. Yeah, I already know it's going to be a huge challenge to try and coordinate her nap for that time. Ha ha!!!! You can't really coordinate anything when it comes to Katlyn. That girl does what she want when she wants. We try to say no to her and stop her from running wild, but once she has her mind set....well, that's just it. She has her mind set and there's nothing we can really do about it. Oh, what a girl. We are really going to have our hands full.

As I am writing this, John and Katlyn are reading a book and another word just slipped out. Another new for today and it's "tractor." She our little smarty pants. So all is good in Katlyn's world which mean our lives are great too.