Saturday, May 26, 2007

Katlyn got her Cells Back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that's right. Today was the day and it happened. She finally got the treatment that she so desperately needed. We have waited so long for this moment, and the funny thing it it only took about 40 secs. We did get a video and some pictures of it, but I'm going to have to post them tomorrow because I left the camera at the hospital and I'm at the Inn right now. Today was such a great day, very nerve racking mind you. Like always there's a story behind it all. The cells were scheduled to be ready around 1:30ish and we were just patiently waiting to see her doctor because that meant it was time. Well when we saw him at 1:30 he informed us that they have to do some testing on the cells before they give them back to Katlyn. The results were all done and they were just waiting for them to be printed out, and wouldn't you have it....the computer crashed. I couldn't believe it. I asked him if he was joking. Of course he wasn't joking and it would take about an hour more. I'm telling you, we were watching that clock like crazy. At 2:30 I started to get really nervous. I kept watching the window and saying "where are they. They should be back now. What's going on." After what seemed like forever (because at this moment I'm sure our lives were going in slow motion) the doctor appeared in the window waving a bag with a huge syringe in it. The cells had arrived.

So they came in and injected them in Katlyn's line. After they were done Katlyn even said "thank you." That is exactly what we were today. Very thankful. Finally. I don't think I could even come close to explaining how much today meant to us. This really is a start of a new life for Katlyn. Now instead of waiting for something to happen we can now wait for Katlyn to get better. I find that I'm thinking about home a lot lately and John never stops talking about it. Now I don't have to feel like crying every time I think about us going home or Katlyn living a normal life, being able to go outside or being able to kiss her. Now we can get excited about it because it's now going to happen. I'm not sure how long it's going to take for the counts to start going up but I have a feeling it's going to go great. It's now done and all we have to do is wait and look forward to the very close future we have. WOW!!!! Katlyn is going to love it. She is going to love life so much. She already does and her world right now is a little hospital room. She is just going to love it. I can't wait to see her smiling face when the wind blows through her hair, or to give her a kiss.

Speaking of kisses, Katlyn is now blowing kisses all the time. It is so cute. She does it at just the most appropriate times. I love it so much. We did have a very good day today. We decided that because today was a very big deal and we've been waiting for this day for so long, we would have a party. We partied all right. We had balloons, cake (courtesy of the NIH), presents, a party dress for Katlyn and lots and lots of smiles. It was so much fun. We only thought it was appropriate to have a huge celebration on the day that's marked, Katlyn's get better day.

I will post pictures and the video tomorrow just as soon as I possibly can.