Friday, May 18, 2007

So I just wanted to let everyone know that unfortunately the procedure was not able to be done today. It has been postponed. One of the hematologists was sick this morning and didn't want to risk Katlyn getting sick, which we do appreciate. At the minute they tried to contact another doctor, but were unable to get the procedure done today. The good thing is though, Katlyn is not the one sick. If that doctor would have worked with Katlyn and she got sick, we'd have bigger problems. The harvest is rescheduled for Monday.

Which isn't really that bad. If you could have seen the three of us today, like zombies running around the hospital room, you'd understand. This way, we will be able to get her rested again. I'm telling you though, when the doctor came to talk to us this morning and said he had bad news, I swear my heart stopped beating. I had no idea what it could be, but I didn't think it was something like this. At first we were really let down, but we're okay. After a few minutes, we realized that it was for the best anyways. We really can't have Katlyn sick.

We're all great though. I actually found a McDonald's here today and a grocery store yesterday. Some places here are so expensive and when you find one with a little break, it's exciting. Besides, I haven't had McDonald's in ages. I actually went across the NIH campus to the Naval Hospital. Their base has a McDonald's unbeknownst to be. Ha ha!!! It wasn't that far away at all. Katlyn is great though. John and I were actually just discussing how Katlyn doesn't even have a runny nose anymore. It has all was run, but sometime lately, it just stopped.